Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hello..huh...wha..

I'm not a perky riser in the morning. I know, some people have the capability to jump out of bed feeling refreshed and ready to go. Not me. I need coffee, and time, and coffee. I just can't seem to feel like my brain functions without drinking at least 3/4 of my mug of coffee. I have however picked up on a bit of my mother's ability to "act" like I am somewhat composed and awake. This is totally fake. Lol.

So, this morning I awoke to my cell phone ringing. Groggily, I pushed the answer button and proceeded to ooze out whatever vocabulary I could muster. The person on the other end always seems to be much more awake than me. I tried to fake the perkiness but a little into the conversation, the caller let me know I sounded like I needed coffee. Guess I wasn't too convincing? Okay, let me get my coffee and then I'll get back in touch with you. For the moment, the conversation was paused. Ah, now to brew that fresh cup of warm delight.

After sipping most of my coffee down, I began to feel more confident in putting actual thoughts into a coherent discussion. I'm ready. Hello and good morning to you! :)

2 comments: