Thursday, August 4, 2011

Oh what a night...

We sat down last night to watch the movie "The Green Hornet". I wasn't too sure of this movie and hadn't really seen any previews or advertising for it. That to me is usually a red flag. If they don't promote it much, chances are it's not that good of a movie. Having Netflix, we opted to give it a try and added it to our queue. Was that a wise decision? Hmmmm.

About half way into the movie, our attention was caught by flashing lights coming from outside. We couldn't see exactly what it was, from the comfort of our sofa. The visual effect was displaying itself through the small spaces in between the slats of our blinds. So, we paused the movie and decided to check it out. Yes, we are very curious people. Isn't everyone? Lol.

As we opened the door and stepped outside, the sky was dancing with an amazing light show. What appeared to be heat lightning, was bursting in rapid succession. It was both beautiful and strange at the same time. I had never seen heat lightning so abundant and covering such a vast area. We sat outside and were in awe of nature's show. I wish I could have caught it on video but with the neighbors backyard lights on behind me, it just wasn't going to happen. The three of us enjoyed conversing about everything from space ships hidden in the clouds to manipulation of the weather by HAARP. To say the least, we got a bit side-tracked from the movie.

After some time had passed, we all went back inside and continued to watch the remainder of the movie. I'll have to say, it's not one that I would recommend to a friend. The guy who was the "Green Hornet" did not impress me at all. I was more impressed by his sidekick. Ending the night, I know the light show was more enjoyable than the movie.

Quickly packaging it back up to mail off, I hope that the next movie in our queue is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment