Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig

This past weekend, brought my daughter back into our house to live with us for a bit. She(we'll call her Sunshine) had been living in the town we moved from and decided to start a life in the town we now reside in.

On Sunday, my hubby and son(Charmer) drove down and rented a U-Haul in order to help Sunshine get all her stuff here. I had no idea that my daughter had accumulated so much stuff! I mean seriously, she has a ton! Do some people become magnets to various things and just attract them? How can someone that is only 18 years old have THAT much??? With a U-Haul and two cars full, they made their way to our home.

The next dilemma? Where is ALL that stuff going? Yeah, I don't know. I do know that right now her room is almost impossible to walk into. Clothes are strewn all across the floor and there are still more boxes to be unpacked. Oh, and the extra icing on the cake? Sunshine brought a kitten with her. I know I haven't mentioned this before, but we have two full grown retrievers that are totally spoiled and totally rule our home. This has been interesting to say the least. I will say, there are times that I've gone into her room and can't find the kitten amongst all the other items packed in there.

I love having Sunshine back with me. Her and I used to be really close and I'm hoping that we will be once again. Though I have to admit, once a child experiences independence it is often a bit stressful for all parties involved, when they come back home. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! I could probably use some prayers or blessings, if any of you have some to spare. LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment